Becoming a member of Dromore Credit Union Ltd.
- Membership of Dromore Credit Union is open to anyone who lives or works within Dromore Parish.
- Applicants cannot become members immediately until evidence of their identity and their current address are verified and approved by the board.
- It is necessary to complete a membership card which can be obtained at the Credit Union or downloaded from the above links
- The applicants enters his/her own details and signs the card and must be proposed and seconded by two persons who are already existing members of Dromore Credit Union
Once the membership card is completed and proof of identity and address sought then the applicant must contact Dromore Credit Union office to arrange an interview which will explain the workings of Dromore Credit Union(approx 10 mins). Bring to the interview the membership card and evidence of identity and address(see below).
- The applicant will receive a letter of acceptance within approx two weeks if everything is in order and this letter needs to be brought into the office to open an account with £1.00 entrance fee and a minimum of £5.00 to open an account
The law prohibits the credit union from opening an account for a new member unless satisfactory proof of identity and appropriate address verification documents are produced. (See list below)
To establish identity (must include photograph)
- CURRENT DRIVING LICENCE OR VALID PASSPORT
- CURRENT WORKS/BUS PASS
- STUDENT CARD
- ELECTORAL CARD
- A CURRENT PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH (this can be done in cu office)
For address verification (must be dated within the last three months)
- UTILITY BILL (Electricity bill, landline phone bill, rates bill, tenancy agreement, housing benefit award letter, inland revenue letter)
- BANK/BUILDING SOCIETY/CREDIT CARD STATEMENT
All members are encouraged to complete a Nomination of Beneficiary form.